Here is her SA month’s schedule:
Blog Tour: 3/3/19 – 3/9/19
“Bring On The Spotlight” Radio Show: 3/14/19
“SPOTLIGHT” Support Day: 3/21/19
“Who’s On The Shelf?” Interview: 3/28/19
Julie grew up in a small, rural town in New Zealand. After leaving school, she worked at the local maternity annexe as a nurse aide, which gave her a love for caring for mothers and babies. Life could not have been happier, until the death of her second baby at birth led to depression, loneliness and despair.
Julie’s first book Born for Life: A Midwife’s Story follows her journey to overcome the challenges she faced to become the midwife that she was born to be.
She always had a dream to travel and work in a developing country. She had the opportunity to work as a midwife in many countries – including Zambia, Africa where she worked at Kalene Mission Hospital.
Julie’s second book Born for Life: Midwife in Africa describes her experiences living and working in Africa. She shares her incredible journey to make a difference in the lives of African women and their babies.
Julie lives in Palmerston North, New Zealand with her husband, Barry. She has recently retired and enjoys writing, travelling, volunteer work and spending time with her friends and family.
From a young age Julie pondered what she would do with her life. A job as a nurse aide in the local Maternity Annexe at the age of sixteen gave her a love for being with women during labour and birth and caring for mothers and their babies.
Life could not have been happier, married to the man she loved and the birth of a son. The tragic and unexpected death of her second baby in her first hour of life led to depression, loneliness and despair.
Born for Life: A Midwife’s Story tells of Julie’s struggle to overcome tragedy and who triumphs to become the midwife that she was born to be.
The many birth stories are told from an era in the 1970s through the eyes of a young nurse aide to modern day midwifery in New Zealand as an independent midwife with her own caseload.
Julie is our “SPOTLIGHT” Author for the entire month of March.
Here is the line-up of his blog tour:
When you support JULIE by visiting each stop of her tour, sharing your comments, etc., you also support our wonderful blog tour hosts, who were kind enough to serve on the tour. They would also appreciate your comments, as well as your tweets and Facebook shares of the post.
If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author, here is what you and your book will receive:
1) A one-week long blog tour on several blogs, set up by us;
2) A press release which you can submit to your local hometown newspapers & radio (if you so choose);
3) A PDF flyer that you can print and post in local businesses and bookstores promoting your status as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author of RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB;
4) A “WHO’S ON THE SHELF” Interview hosted by our very own President, Nonnie Jules right here on the RRBC Bookshelf! These are so much FUN and heavily promoted!
5) A special “LIVE” BlogTalk Radio Interview via our RAVE WAVES/BRING ON THE SPOTLIGHT segment!
6) A special day of Support for our Member Support Monday!
7) Tweets and RTs promoting you and your book heavily during your “SPOTLIGHT” week from the RAVE REVIEWS Governing Board Members, the RAVE REVIEWS TWEET SUPPORT TEAM and other club members, as well as Facebook blasts on club member walls and Instagram posts, etc;
8) A “SPOTLIGHT” here on our site, with your photo, book cover, blurb and buy links, directing and encouraging the masses to purchase/read and post reviews of your book;
9) After your “SPOTLIGHT” week is over, you will get a listing on our Past “SPOTLIGHT” Authors page, IF you are in good standing with the club.
Now, I know you’re wondering how you can become one of our “SPOTLIGHT” Authors. Well, have you joined yet? Membership in our book club is the only way to the awesome title of “SPOTLIGHT” Author!!!
“You Can’t Buy This Kind of Support!”
To find out who has previously sat in the SPOTLIGHT Author’s seat here at RRBC and to show your support of them, click here!