MICKI PELUSO began writing after a personal tragedy. This led to a first time publication in Victimology: An International Magazine and a career in Journalism. She’s freelanced and been staff writer for one major newspaper, written for two more and has published short fiction and non-fiction, as well as slice of life stories in colleges, magazines and e-zine editions.
Her first book was published in 2012, a funny family memoir of love, loss and survival, called “…AND THE WHIPPOORWILL SANG,” which won the Nesta CBC Silver Award for Writing That Builds Character, won third place in the Predators and Editors Contest, and first place for People’s Choice Monthly Award. This book is close to her heart since it’s a deathbed promise to her dying child. It has the humor of CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, with the heart of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.
Some reviewers liken her writing to a cross between Erma Bombeck and Harper Lee. She has over a dozen short stories in ‘Women’s Memoirs,’ ‘Tales2Inspire,’ and ‘Creature Features.’ She is presently working on a collection of short fiction and slice of life stories in a book collection called “DON’T PLUCK THE DUCK,” due to be released in late 2017. Author Peluso is a multi-genre and speculative writer who plans to tackle novels next.
It is a day like any other, except the intense heat wave has broken, and signs of early fall are in the air.
Around the dining room table of her 100-year-old farmhouse, Micki Peluso’s six children, along with three of their friends, eagerly gulp down a chicken dinner. As soon as the last morsel is ravished, the lot of them is off in different directions. Except for the one whose turn it is to do the dishes. After offering her mother a buck if she’ll do them, with an impish grin, the child rushes out the front door, too excited for a hug, calling out “Bye, Mom,” as the door slams shut. For the Pelusos, the nightmare begins.
Micki is our “SPOTLIGHT” Author for the week of July 10-16, 2016
Here is the line-up of her blog tour:
“WHO’S ON THE SHELF” w/NONNIE JULES? Interview
RAVE WAVES BlogTalkRadio LIVE Interview on BRING ON THE SPOTLIGHT! 12 N CT
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
When you support Micki by visiting each stop of her tour, sharing your comments, etc., you also support our wonderful blog tour hosts, who were kind enough to serve on the tour. They would also appreciate your comments, as well as your tweets and Facebook shares of the post.
If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author, here is what you and your book will receive:
1) A one week long blog tour on several blogs, set up by us;
2) A press release which you can submit to your local hometown newspapers & radio (if you so choose);
3) A PDF flyer that you can print and post in local businesses and book stores promoting your status as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author of RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB;
4) A “WHO’S ON THE SHELF” Interview hosted by our very own President, Nonnie Jules right here on the RRBC Bookshelf! These are so much FUN and heavily promoted!
5) A special “LIVE” BlogTalk Radio Interview/RAVE WAVES/BRING ON THE SPOTLIGHT with Author and Host, Bill Ward!
6) Tweets and RTs promoting you and your book heavily during your “SPOTLIGHT” week from the RAVE REVIEWS Governing Board Members, the RAVE REVIEWS TWEET SUPPORT TEAM and other club members, as well as Facebook blasts on club member walls; Pinterest and Instagram posts, etc;
7) A “SPOTLIGHT” here on our site, with your photo, book cover, blurb and buy links, directing and encouraging the masses to purchase/read and post reviews of your book;
8) After your “SPOTLIGHT” week is over, you will get a listing on our Past “SPOTLIGHT” Authors page, IF you are in good standing with the club.
Now, I know you’re wondering how you can become one of our “SPOTLIGHT” Authors. Well, have you joined yet? Membership in our book club is the only way to the awesome title of “SPOTLIGHT” Author!!!
“You Can’t Buy This Kind of Support!”
To find out who has previously sat in the SPOTLIGHT Author’s seat here at RRBC and to show your support of them, click here!