CAROL MARRS PHIPPS
Here is her SA month’s schedule:
Blog Tour: 8/6/17 – 8/12/17
“Bring On The Spotlight” Radio Show: 8/17/17
“Who’s On The Shelf?” Interview: 8/24/17
“SPOTLIGHT” Support Day: 8/28/17
Carol Marrs Phipps is a teacher turned author. She was born in Missouri, grew up in Illinois and lives on their farm in Illinois with her husband and her menagerie: a parrot, a raven, two cockatiels and her Siberian Forest cats. The books she has written with her husband, include, Elf Killers which takes place a millennium before the books of the Heart of the Staff series: Good Sister, Bad Sister, The Collector Witch, Stone Heart, The Burgeoning, The Reaper Witch, the final book of the series, Doom, and Heart of the Staff: Complete Series boxed set and Heart of the Staff: Complete Appendix. Recently, Carol and her husband launched a new Dystopian/Urban Fantasy series with the first book of a planned trilogy, Wham! (Book1 Timewalker). All their books are available as eBook or paperback except the boxed set and the appendix.
Carol taught with her husband on various Native American Reservations in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada, where they learned a great deal from their students, the very first fans of their writing. Not long after they married, she discovered to her joy that he also loved to write. They have been writing together full-time ever since.
When the World Alliance seized power from all the governments of the world, they said it was for the greater good. They said it was necessary to unite all the nations of the globe under one banner in order to bring universal peace, equality and prosperity to the world.
To most families throughout the world, the rise of the Alliance and their grandiose promises meant little. They had long grown weary of the lies of the corrupt law-makers and heads of state and were far more concerned with their day-to-day struggles to survive.
The Greenwood family was no exception, and for a time life went on much as it had before the rise of the Alliance. In time, individual cultural and racial identity were outlawed. They said it was for the greater good. They said it was necessary to create a more harmonious, homogenous world community. The Greenwood family adapted.
But then they took away freedom. They made it mandatory for all households and public buildings to have skinwelers, crystal spying balls in every room, in order to watch the people’s every move. They said it was for the greater good. They said it was necessary for public safety and civil order. And the Greenwood family adapted.
But then the state took their family farm and lands and moved them to Gollsport where they had built barracks for all the displaced citizens. They said it was for the greater good. They said the countryside had become contaminated by farm chemicals and the relocation was for their continued health and safety. Once again, the Greenwood family adapted.
But then they came in the night and took away seventeen year-old Tess Greenwood’s entire family. They said it was for the greater good. They said Tess would adapt and in time she would be far better for it.
But Tess cared not for the Alliance’s greater good. She did not adapt. She wanted her family back and vowed to do whatever she must in order to see them again. Little did she know, that to keep her vow, she would have to become a timewalker.
Carol will be our “SPOTLIGHT” Author for the entire month of August.
Here is the line-up of her blog tour:
When you support CAROL by visiting each stop of her tour, sharing your comments, etc., you also support our wonderful blog tour hosts, who were kind enough to serve on the tour. They would also appreciate your comments, as well as your tweets and Facebook shares of the post.
If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author, here is what you and your book will receive:
1) A one week long blog tour on several blogs, set up by us;
2) A press release which you can submit to your local hometown newspapers & radio (if you so choose);
3) A PDF flyer that you can print and post in local businesses and book stores promoting your status as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author of RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB;
4) A “WHO’S ON THE SHELF” Interview hosted by our very own President, Nonnie Jules right here on the RRBC Bookshelf! These are so much FUN and heavily promoted!
5) A special “LIVE” BlogTalk Radio Interview via our RAVE WAVES/BRING ON THE SPOTLIGHT segment!
6) A special day of Support on our Member Support Monday!
7) Tweets and RTs promoting you and your book heavily during your “SPOTLIGHT” week from the RAVE REVIEWS Governing Board Members, the RAVE REVIEWS TWEET SUPPORT TEAM and other club members, as well as Facebook blasts on club member walls; Pinterest and Instagram posts, etc;
8) A “SPOTLIGHT” here on our site, with your photo, book cover, blurb and buy links, directing and encouraging the masses to purchase/read and post reviews of your book;
9) After your “SPOTLIGHT” week is over, you will get a listing on our Past “SPOTLIGHT” Authors page, IF you are in good standing with the club.
Now, I know you’re wondering how you can become one of our “SPOTLIGHT”Authors. Well, have you joined yet? Membership in our book club is the only way to the awesome title of “SPOTLIGHT” Author!!!
“You Can’t Buy This Kind of Support!”
To find out who has previously sat in the SPOTLIGHT Author’s seat here at RRBC and to show your support of them, click here!